The tropical rainforests of India is also home to a wide variety of floras. Apart from the Valley of Flowers, the countrywide protected flower garden located in the Uttarakhand state, boasts of a good number of orchid gardens. The forests of India house some of the endangered species like Leopard, Lion, Asiatic Elephant, Golden Langur, the Bengal tiger and Siberian Crane. The wildlife circuit is incomparable and it ranges from the foothills of Himalayas to the countrywide parks in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The main animals can be spotted in the Himalayan region, are Elephant, Deer, Panther, Wild buffalo, Wild ass, the one horned Rhinoceros, Porcupine, Snow leopards, etc.
A Cursory Glance At The Indian Wildlife TourismIndia Wildlife is sometimes synonymous with the Kaziranga National Park located in the Indian state of Assam on the bank of the Brahmaputra River valley. This park is considered as one of the seven wonders of Nature and the main habitats of this park one horned rhinoceros and Asiatic elephants. Apart from the wildlife traveler naturalists and environmentalists also tourism in Kaziranga.
The most visited wildlife parks in India are Corbett National Park, Ranthambore National Park, Sariska Tiger Reserve, Bandavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park, Shivpuri National Park, Nagarhole National park, etc. Kerala, the tourism hub of south India also houses a few wildlife sanctuaries and national parks. The best tiger reserve parks of India are the Bandavgarh National Park and Sundarban National Park. Bandavgarh National Park is considered as the crown in the wildlife heritage of India.
Bird lovers experience the memorable bird safari in India. The Himalayan region of India is the habitat for Pheasant, griffon vulture and ravens. The Keoladeo National park also known as Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is one of the renowned bird sanctuaries of the world located in Rajasthan. The forests of Andaman, the backwater banks of Kerala are also rich in birdlife.
India Wildlife tourism can be planned to any wildlife destinations of the country. The winter season is considered as the best time period to visit the national parks yet some of the parks can be visited throughout the year. An elephant safari, rhino safari, bird safari in India comes away with lasting impressions.
LIst Of Famous National Parks & Wildlife Sancturies in India
- Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
- Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
- Kaziranga National Park, Assam
- Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
- Sundarbans National Park, West Bengal
- Jim Corbett National Park, Uttar Pradesh
- Manas National Park, Assam
- Bandipur National Park, Tamil Nadu
- Sultanpur National Park
- Rajaji National Park, Uttaranchal
- Dudhwa National Park, U.P.
- Bandipur & Nagarhole National Parks, Karnataka
- Simplipal National Park, Orissa
- Nandankanan Zoo, Orissa
- Gahirmatha Turtle Sanctuary, Orissa
- Namdhapha National Park, Arunachal
- Wild Ass Sanctuary, Gujarat
- Dachigam National Park, J&K
- Dibru Saikhowa National Park, Assam
- Hemis High Altitude National Park, J&K
- Keoladeo National Park, Rajasthan