Destination : New Delhi - Jaipur - Sawai Madhopur - Chittaurgarh - Udaipur - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Bharatpur - Agra - New Delhi.
Come across to participate on the biggest carnival on earth with Palace on Wheels journey sprinkle with enchanting cultures, becharming folklore, colorful fairs, celebrated festivals, delicious cookery, effervescent markets, and enthusiastic lifestyles to celebrate delightful tour to Rajasthan…….
Rajasthan is a vast state for which India always feels proud for being home to its various sightseeing attractions which drag the attention of travelers from all over the world. The famous historical architectures and palaces, fairs and festivals, unique topography and colorful life style of local captivates the onlookers and make trip more memorable and persistent. Several mode of transportation are available to make you feel travel most luxurious and convenient one but nothing can match upto the quality that serve in the most celebrated regal caravan of nation. Hence, are you ready to be a part of journey which takes you through the different aristocratic regions of royal Rajasthan on imperial vehicle?
It’s a famous royal train which serves royalty and luxury in lot, a major attraction of desert state in a luxurious style. Started on 26th January 1982 by the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC) in association with Indian Railways to promote tourism in the state, this ‘coziest cocoon on wheels’ is also known as Queen of train. The train starts on every Wednesday from Delhi railway station to embark for the tour of Indian desert land along with Taj’s exotic in Agra for a period of one week. Country’s first luxury caravan runs from September to April.
Undertake the journey of ‘Land of Kings’ on a bewitching tourist vehicle where you will get comfortable stay, impeccable services and classy hospitality which would make you feel like a king or queen within in the week. The train also visits the city of Taj Mahal, Agra and thus, covers the Golden Triangle Tour circuit of north India. In 2010 it was voted as 4th best luxury train of world. This royal Rajasthani train is the perfect vehicle to enjoy roller coaster journey of half deserted Indian state without compromising on comforts.
This ‘On Wheels 5 Star Hotel’ is the royal mode of transportation which passes through legendary attractions of country and offers the glimpses of imperial past. Imposing tourist vehicle well equipped with all kind of modern facilities and amenities takes you the most exotic places. Opulent interior design in blend with contemporary essence and classical approach mesmerizes the tourists most. The services of bar, lounge, restaurant, spa and accommodation coaches convey the feel of aristocracy with you. The quality of services provided in the caravan matches up with the deluxe hotels.
Chronicles of Palace on Wheels
Design patterns of the luxury coaches are inspired from the palaces of Rajasthan. Basically the concept of train has been derived from coaches that were meant to be the personal coaches of princely states of Gujarat, Rajputana, Nizam of Hyderabad and Viceroy of British India. The train was reintroduced in August 2009 after embellishing it with new decors. The interiors were done by Monica Khanna, a Delhi based interior designer. The imperial vehicle has derived its name from ‘palace style lavish coaches’ which are designed to delight the senses of international tourists.
Souvenirs of Palace on Wheels
The 14 coaches of train facilitates guest with numerous recreational and luxurious facilities. Name of the coaches are derived from the princely ambiance of Alwar, Dholpur, Bharatpur, Jaipur, Jhalawar, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Bundi, Dungargarh, Kishangarh, Udaipur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Sirohi, Kota. Every coach is divided into 4 cabins and houses two restaurant named The Maharaja and The Maharani. Restaurants serve mouth watering Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisines. Besides, train has a bar to quench the thirst for beverages. Spa, laundry and doctor on call are some other facilities offered in train.
With the lavish interiors and state-of-the-art facilities this indulgent train of India provides the guests imperial accommodation on wheels.
The excursion of royal state of Rajasthan will take you to a world of doubtless adventure amidst extraordinary history, golden sand dunes, thrilling wildlife safari, fun filled camel ride amidst desert safari, and myths of dark ages to keep coming back…. An unforgettable journey of Palace on Wheels train is waiting to be unrevealed this vacation………….
Palace on Wheels ItineraryAs above stated one week long journey of trains begins and culminates in Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi. It starts for the journey on every Wednesday in the evening time at 4 PM thus, everyone must reach the spot one hour before to complete the checking process. After completing trip of seven nights it returns to the same station however, in the morning around 5 AM. Train must be deboard by 7 AM.
- Day 1. The journey will commence from New Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station
- Day 2. Discover the Pink City of Jaipur to date the traditions, history, architectural wonders and legends of Rajput.
- Day 3. Embark on an audacious wildlife trip of Ranthambhore National Park and explore Chittorgarh
- Day 4. Feel the romance at the Venice of East Udaipur capturing Lake Palaces and enchanting lakes
- Day 5. Go for an electrifying desert safari at Jaisalmer and view the memoirs of Golden Fortress
- Day 6. Capture the memoirs of Indian deserts and thrilling Camel outing at Jodhpur the Blue city
- Day 7. Chase the wilderness of migratory birds at Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, then steals the Mughal Magic at Agra, Fatehpur Sikri and last not the least witness one of seven wonders of the world Taj Mahal, only architectural wonder dedicated to love.
- Day 8. Arrive back to the national capital - New Delhi.
Attractions of Palace on Wheels Train JourneyJaipur - Largest and capital city of Rajasthan which is very much rich in various historical and architectural beauties like Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, City Palace and Amber Fort are the prime attraction of this place. This city is also very much famous for its old age art and architecture. Enjoy the best of aesthetic Light Show of Amber Fort, adventurous Elephant safari, & shopping at Jewelry market in Jaipur.
Ranthambhore National Park-Embark on a wildlife adventure at Ranthambhore National Park. Search for the paws to get the glimpses of Majestic big cat “Royal Bengal Tiger”.
Jodhpur - This is also another famous city of Rajasthan where you can get a chance to visit Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace and Jaswant Thada Memorial. The city is very famously known as the Blue City of India due to blue painted houses.
Udaipur-Udaipur is very well known as the lake city of India. Due to its various lake this place is known as most romantic city of India. The tourist attractions of this place are like Lake Palace, City Palace, Pichola Lake, Jagdish Temple, Jag Mandir Palace, etc. Enjoy a thrilling romantic rendezvous at boat Cruise in Lake Pichola at Udaipur.
Chittaurgarh-Home to India’s largest fort, Chittaurgarh is the major historical attraction of the state. It was the place where Rani Padmini committed Jauhar. Enjoy the light and sound show along with other cultural performances.
Bharatpur-Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, a paradise for bird lovers.
Agra-Capture the one of seven wonder the Taj Mahal and Mughal architectural esteem.
Delhi -Don’t miss the Full of fun Delhi Excursion.
Facilities in Palace on Wheels Train
- The procession is decorated with 14 air conditioned coaches to accommodate 104 guests.
- Two Restaurants named The Maharaja and The Maharani serves the delicious Rajasthani, Mughlai, Indian, Continental, and Chinese cuisines to suit every palette.
- The well stocked bar gives you an assorted option from Indian as well as international brands to boost your spirit during the regal outing.
- The kids can also play indoor games to enjoy a vacation of utmost satisfaction. The indoor games like Chess, Playing Cards, Chinese checkers, Carom Board, and Crossword Puzzles are also provided to unwind onboard the train.
- Lounge to relax, enjoy a get together, and make new friends
- The other complimentary services are mail box, medical aid, shopping arcade, smoking cab, luggage assortment, arrival kit, ATM, and Satellite phones.
Every luxury comes with a cost, especially when you are travelling via a royal caravan infused with all enticing facilities and decors that take you to the exhilarating destinations of Indian desert state.
Tariff of Palace on Wheels booking will be taken in US$. The reservation process will be in advance. The cost will depends upon the type of coaches and the season in which passenger want to travel.
Off Season Rates of train categorized as per the occupancy.
|Sept 2013 and April 2014|
|Occupancy Type||Amount in US$
(Per Person Per Night)
|Single Occupancy||USD 575|
|Double Occupancy||USD 430|
|Triple Occupancy||USD 390|
Peak Season Rates of train categorized as per the occupancy
|Oct 2013 to March 2014|
|Occupancy Type||Amount in US$
(Per Person Per Night)
|Single Occupancy||USD 770|
|Double Occupancy||USD 575|
|Triple Occupancy||USD 520|
- 50% discount on the ticket cost of train for children between 5 - 12 years of age.
- 10% off on the fare for infants up to 5 years of age.
- Every individual will be charged 3.09% service tax and US$ 15 commercial tax
- 10% of the tax would be added on to the ticket fare during the time of Christmas and New Year eves.
(a) In Case of FITS:-
- 20% of booking charge at the time of confirming trip.
- Remaining payment of 80% of tariff must be paid 60 days before the departure schedule.
(b) In Case of Group and charter:-
- 50% of booking charge at the time of confirming trip.
- Remaining payment of 50% of tariff must be paid 60 days before the departure schedule
(a) In Case of FITS:-
- 5% of tariff 60 days before the departure schedule.
- 20% of ticket price between 30 to 59 days before the departure schedule.
- 100% of ticket price less than 30 days before the departure schedule.
(b) In Case of Group and charter:-
- 10% of tariff 60 days before the departure schedule.
- 100% of ticket price between 0 to 59 days before the departure schedule.
Palace on Wheels Schedule
- The majestic train tour operates between August and April.
- The expedition is a journey of seven nights and eight days.
- It departs on every Wednesday at 1600 hrs from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station.
Departure Dates of train for the year 2013
Departure Dates of train for the year 2014
- Accommodation on deluxe saloons
- Includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 24 hrs open kitchen, tea, coffee, mineral water bottles, beverages etc
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary (However you have the flexibility to explore more)
- English Speaking Guide Government approved
- English Speaking Chauffeur for the whole tour
- Include cost of all sightseeing, entry fees to palaces, museums, forts, amusement parks, dine at best restaurants, wildlife safari, frivolous activities
Added Services of Palace on Wheels
Services not included while Undertaking Journey
Tariff does not include video camera, laundry, telephones, drinks and any other items of personal nature.
No show/ En route termination of tour/amendment
No Show – If traveler doesn’t arrive to board the train the entire amount would be fortified which is neither refunded nor adjusted.
Termination of trip en-route – If a traveler wants to terminate the trip in between of journey due to any reason, the entire amount would be fortified. No adjustment of refund would be done.
Amendment – We would be liable to adjust the amount only under certain circumstances like Serious Health Issue (doctor's certificate is compulsory), Natural Disaster and is subject to availability. Adjustment will be made on merits on the base of cases.
Palace on Wheels Bookings is done directly by travel agency Go Heritage India Journeys Pvt. Ltd.
Instead of Indian Rupees Payment of the tariff is done in US Dollars. However, Indian nationals and NRI's can do the transactions of Palace on Wheels tariff in INR in accordance with the exchange rate.
For booking of Palace on Wheels in Indian Currency a traveler have to pay equivalent amount in US Dollars.
Above Tariff is Subject to change without notice.
It is a must for all royal comfort lovers and is highly recommended by media organization like BBC, MTV, National Geographic, and Zee TV.